Windows Insiders participants had been able to make phone calls from their PC through the Your Phone app last October, but now it's time for everyone to open.
Prerequisites are that you have your Phone application installed on your PC (you can download it for free here) and the corresponding Android application on your smartphone (Google Play Link), provided the latter is running Android 7.0 Nougat or later.
The upgraded Your Phone app opens the following possibilities for everyone:
- Answer incoming calls from your computer
- Make phone calls from your PC via the Contact List or dialer included with your Phone desktop application
- Reject incoming calls from your PC with the ability to send a predefined text message or divert directly to the voicemail
- Seamless call transfer from smartphone to computer
- Access your call history from your computer and dial in one-click dialer.